Lunenburg Planning Commission Meeting on December 1st, 2022
If anyone desires to speak during Citizen Time or a Public Hearing, please approach the lectern prior to the start of the meeting to provide your name and your address. Please place it under the appropriate section (Citizen Time or corresponding Public Hearing).
Please be advised this meeting is being recorded.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Members
- Requests for Additions or Modifications to the Agenda*
- Declaration of Conflict-Of-Interest Statements
- Approval of Minutes
- Planning and Economic Development Update
- Director of Planning and Economic Development Monthly Report
- Citizen Time*(Public Speaking Guidelines are to be followed*)
- Recommendation for the following:
- CUP -5-22: Conditional Use Permit for Wesley and Cassandra Williams to operate a Banquet Hall (proposed change to Event Venue) on tax parcel 034-0A-0-70, 25 Jackson Drive, Victoria, VA 23974, consisting of 7.45 acres in an A-1 Agricultural zone. The request is to amend CUP 3-21: Starlight Banquet Hall, which was approved on June 10th, 2021, at the Lunenburg Board of Supervisors meeting. The amendment requests the addition of an outdoor pavilion, outdoor Porta-Johns, and allow beer and wine coolers to be consumed on the property. (The Public Hearing requirement was satisfied at the November Planning Commission Meeting)
- Other Business
- Event Venue Ordinance and Amendment to Event Venue Permit—Approved
- Cell Tower Ordinance revisions by CTA Consultants
- Short-term rental committee and ordinance creation
- Attorney Update—if needed
- Announcement of the Next Meeting Date
- January 5th, 2023, at 7:00 p.m.
3* To the extent necessary to consider items requiring Commission action, the order of the agenda for a regular Commission meeting shall be as followed, unless by majority vote and the Commission shall confine discussions to matters contained on the agenda. The Chairman may allow any agenda items to be called out of sequence.
7*Any member(s) of the public may speak on any item not on the current agenda under the Public speaking guidelines found in item 6**. At the beginning of the comments by a citizen, additional time may be requested by the speaker. The Chairman shall decide on the amount of time to be provided.
8*Any member(s) of the public addressing the Planning Commission shall approach the lectern, give his or her name and address in an audible tone of voice for the record, and address the Commission as a body rather than speak to any member. Unless further time is granted by the Commission, any member of the public shall address the Commission for a maximum of five (5) minutes, regardless of the number of issues he or she desires to discuss. The proponent of any application, petition, or plan that is the subject of the public hearing shall be allowed to address the Commission for a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes.